Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Internship Immersion...

answering question 1: What did you learn during immersion? How did you learn it?

what I learned during internship immersion is an average day for a staff member of a lab isn't that much work. I found it to be actually quit relaxing and calm compared to all the work we need to do in class. the deadlines are made by themselves as long as it gets done in a reasonable time. I found this to be a good idea because there isn't any stress put on anyone causing them to become nutcases.

a key experience I will take away is within the internship i was placed in i found that the things I was being taught in class weren't really being applied to the work being done, with the exceptions of a few things, for example learning about the recession and budget cuts the hours they stayed open changed from ten hours to 8 hours every other day.

school made internship a.k.a, job without pay come off as a challenge and high expectations of me as an intern. but that was not the case, instead the staff was flabbergasted that my partner and I knew how to do everything that was thrown at us. giving us basic tasks and saying it was due the next day was pretty simple, but the fact we accomplished things an hour or 2 later just startled our mentor. I personally felt excited I was able to have someone amazed at the work being done so fast and giving me feedback on what to change and tell me good job.

No comments: