Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Magazine Reflection

Areas that went well when creating the magazine was the simplicity in my article. I didn’t have as much work creating a spread since mine was only 2 pages long. I noticed that students who chose to do a photo essay had more work in terms of resizing pictures and having to work on more than 1 spread. I had only one critique and the advice that was given to me was used to the fullest extent.

The only real difficulty throughout the project was extending my article to at least a page, because it was so straight to the point I didn’t know what else to add. I went through about two drafts before adding the final 2 paragraphs which concluded the article.

A road block that got in the way of me not nearly completing the layout was time management when it came to designing the first draft. It wasn’t complete in time to critique but I did finish it within an hour after the deadline.

Magazines I looked at for ideas would be National Geographic and The Atlantic. I found the style of layout was very professional as well as simple. Choosing to follow it allowed for better time management as well as a professional look and feel.

No comments: