Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reflection

Overall when I look at my writing and see what has improved I notice the length has grown as well as the actual writing itself. For example the text into the point and the sentence structure has developed over time. In my opinion it developed because it went through 5 drafts.


Improvements that could be made to my writing are made through drafts and critiques, because I feel the writing isn’t as strong as it could be. When reading each paragraph it almost doesn’t flow together as if it jumps between different topics.


Initially when staring this writing it was only 3 paragraphs long. The problem with this is it was to short. So to expand on the writing, I added an additional paragraph. This final paragraph ties in the writing as well as concludes it.


A few things I learned about writing during this project was cut down on the ING words, because all it does is diminish the meaning of the words appearing after them. Another example would be cutting out useless words when writing. This allows for shorter more precise writing.

No comments: